How well you market yourself
determines how selective you can be
In this article, you’re going to see why you should market yourself like you would your home, or any other item of great value. By doing this, you’ll have more options, more candidates to choose from, you can be more selective, plus you’ll meet that special person to fall in love with so much faster!
A For Sale Sign in front of your Home
Imagine someone trying to sell a home by just putting up a for sale by owner sign in the front yard. In fact, most of the time the sign’s not even visible because of the unkempt yard, or the seller’s not even willing to show it to a buyer when they do inquire. How many offers do you think the seller would have? If an offer did come in, do you think it would be a very good one?
That’s the same thing most people do when they’re single and not really putting forth the effort to be proactive with professional help. Now contrast that with getting a successful real estate agent to prep the house for sale, make the necessary repairs, stage the home, take awesome pictures, draft amazing descriptions and market it on several multiple listing services?
Now, let’s contrast it with this:
Your Home For Sale With a Professional Agent After Renovation, Beautiful Photos, Headlines and Descriptions Marketed on Several Selected Websites
Do you think you’d get more and better offers? Do you think it would sell faster? How Important is it to you to have an Awesome, Sexy, Romantic Love Life?
What if you had a makeover artist, a marketing professional, a dating advisor, a branding expert, a photographer, an image consultant, a publicity agent and a dating expert help you to find a perfect love match?
Ahem – Hello – that’s me – it’s what I do best. I can be your personal agent and do all this for you, but first I’m going to show you why you should market yourself like your home…
WHY YOU SHOULD MARKET YOURSELF
LIKE YOU MARKET YOUR HOME
Here are the typical steps to marketing your home:
1. You make the most necessary repairs
2. You prep and stage the home to make it as attractive and inviting as possible
3. You do a comparative market analysis to determine the value and competition
4. You take the most flattering photos as possible for marketing purposes
5. You write the best possible description, including the color of the carpet and drapes, amenities, the neighborhood, schools etc.
6. You list it on the Multiple Listing Service and the dozens of other realtor’s web sites like Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, MLS, etc. in order to get the most exposure possible
7. You start an e-mail marketing campaign and efficiently respond to inquiries
8. You learn how to sell the home when it’s being previewed or shown. Your selling skills are critical to creating interest and ultimately the best value
9. You negotiate and contemplate offers then determine which offer is the best.
Don’t you want to find the best buyer available?
Now that you’ve sold your home, you will need to find another:
1. You first make a list of the most important features you’re looking for in a home – the price, the neighborhood, the age, bedrooms, if the carpet matches the drapes, if there’s a fire in the furnace etc.
2. You search the MLS and the dozens of other websites for your ideal home because you want to make sure you see everything there is on the market.
3. You select the top 6 homes that meet your criteria – you preview them, and logically narrow it down to 1 or 2. You want to select the home that you have the best “chemistry” with.
4. You negotiate to determine the best place where you want to live and sleep.
Don’t you want to find the best house available that you can afford to live in?
If you’re looking for love, can you think of any reason why you shouldn’t follow the same approach? Some might argue and even get offended that seeking love and romance is different.
Of course the chemistry between two people is a critical component of the selection process, and that is taken into consideration. Who you choose to be your love match is probably one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make.
However if you want to be logical and sensible, this is the most efficient and effective way to market a home, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t follow this same approach to meet and fall in love with your perfect partner.
For more information, click here for a free consultation to learn how to market yourself like a million dollar property…
I don’t always say this to everyone, but to all of you reading this, remember to…